Today I made those delicious wraps again. And this time I wrote down what I did and took lots of pictures to share with you!
Start by putting 4 cut up tomatoes, 1 large zuchinni (mine was Really Big. You may need to use 3 regular sized ones), and about 1/2 cup vinegar into a blender

Ok, so yes, I don't have a blender cover. I have to use aluminum foil. And yes, it is annoying. Anyways blend it up and then add 1 1/2 cups flax seed ground. Measure the flax seeds out before you grind it up and add it.

Spread the mixture out evenly on a teflex sheet. Try to make sure that you get it even around the edges. This should be thickish. You don't want it too thin. Then score it into pieces. I sprinkled sea salt on top of mine as well.

I had enough batter to fill 3 full trays. Then I made a little round wrap out of what was left.

After they have dehydrated for a little while and are no longer too gooey flip them over, pull off the teflex sheet and let them dry for a bit longer. Then you want to keep checking them to see when they are done. In this next picture you can see that the wraps on the top are done perfectly but the ones on the bottom still need more time.

Make sure that you don't over do them. You want them to still be pliable and easy to roll up. The circle one is just perfect!

The avocado spread filling. I added 1 avocado, some vinegar, sea salt, onion powder and cumin. It was out of this world!

Spread the avocado mixture onto the wraps and top with sprouts, chopped tomatoes and sea salt and roll them up.

Mmmmmm! A yummy lunch!

All gone! Those were soooooooooo good!

I still have some "baking" in the dehydrator. Once these are done I store them in a large ziplock baggie and put wax paper between each wrap so that they don't stick together.
Enjoy!!
I Love Raw!!
Oh my stars...you make your own wraps and have 7 children. You must be a bonifide wonder woman!!
ReplyDeleteYum! I was looking forward to this post! :-) I just need some tomatoes!!!
ReplyDeleteAny chance you could measure the flax after it's ground & let me know what that measurement is? My flax is already ground because it was too time consuming to grind it fresh each time I fixed a recipe. I get the cold milled ground flax... If not, no biggie, I'll just guestimate! ;-)
Congrats on figuring out this awesome recipe!!!
They look yummy!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Don't be too jealous of my ability to get out for a run....my hubby is out of work for the last 8 months so we are both home...not so good for the pocket book but really nice he is here.