Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Night

I got my workout done. I am so glad that I got it in there. It was really hard tonight but Little Angel slept peacefully during my entire workout. As a matter of fact she is still sleeping. When I say that it was hard to do my workout what I mean is that I really struggled through it. I really wanted to do 5 miles. I didn't get to do 5 miles during my last workout and I really felt like I needed to do it tonight. But I hurt. My toes started bothering me after about 22 minutes. And they had just got to the point where they were not bothering me. So I am bummed about that. I don't know if my one week break from exercising contributed to that or not. Since I was struggling so badly I decided to break my workout into pieces in my head. It is much easier to tell myself that I only need to do one more mile than to tell myself that I need to do 4. The whole time I was working out I knew that I wanted to do 5 miles but I didn't know if I was actually going to do it. So I made my 5K distance then told myself that I only needed to do another .9 miles to get to 4 miles. Once I reached 4 miles I only had another mile to go until I hit 5. So that is how I got through it. I ended up doing 5.3 miles in an hour.

During my workout my husband came into the room holding a laundry basket with a rather grim look on his face. When I gave him a questioning look he informed me that there was an opened can of paint in the little girls room and paint all over the place. Is it wrong that I was glad that I was working out and didn't have to clean the mess up? :)

After my workout I put the little girls to bed, Sunshine and Fiesty Princess. They both needed new sheets. The dog had jumped on both of their beds with his muddy paws and got mud and sdirt everywhere. No fun to sleep on that! Princess helped me take off the dirty sheets and commented that Sunshines matress was so pretty. Her exact words were "Oh, it's beautiful!" I never really looked at the mattress before to notice if it was pretty or not, but she did. She is so adorable! Such a precious little thing. The smallest things can make her happy. And the mattress is pretty, it has flowers all over it. Sometimes it takes a child to show us that we need to stop and enjoy life and not take even the small things for granted. Sunshine was so happy to get a new pink sheet on her bed too. Then I sang them a couple of songs, tucked them into bed and hopped into the shower. So all in all it was a very good night. I am getting ready to have a couple oranges and relax with a book.

My total milage for the week is 8.4. I don't think that I will make my goal of 20. I haven't even figured out when my weeks are starting and stopping! Perhaps I should figure that one out. Probably Monday should start my week. So I need to do almost 12 miles before Sunday. I could make it.

One other thing....I am planning a trip to Louisville next weekend. I am very torn on whether I want to go for sure and how I should behave while out. That probably sounds weird, but I am really torn on if I go whether or not I should stay true to my eating plan or throw caution to the wind and indulge for the weekend, relax and enjoy myself. Or at least not stress about it. I don't want to go backwards. But I also never get out, just me. The last time I went anywhere by myself was 3 1/2 years ago when I had two less children! This time, if I go, I will have the baby with me, but it will be as close to getting out without all the children as I can get right now. So in a way I want to go and in a way I don't.

Anyways...off to have my orange. I love raw!

No comments:

Post a Comment