I wanted to fill you in on the goings on here for the last couple days. Things can get pretty crazy around here at times. I ususally don't go out too much as I am busy schooling the children and getting stuff done around here, but on Tuesday we had to head out.....and here is what happened.
Tuesday was the day that the children had their 4H meeting. Since we had to go out anyways I wanted to take care of a few other errands that I needed to do as well so we left early for 4H and went to the produce warehouse.
The regular lady that works at the warehouse was not there and I do not think that the guy who was filing in for her knew what he was doing. He was nice, but I am afraid that he drastically undercharged me. And then he threw a bunch of free produce in. I am not sure why he did that. But I got a case of oranges, 10 pears, 8 red peppers, 6 tomatoes, 1 pineapple, and 3 bags of grapes and 30 pounds of bananas for only $22.00. Normally the case of oranges alone cost $17. Then when I was going to pay the guy didn't know how to use the credit card machine so I did it for him. And I showed him how to do it so that he could do it himself next time.
After the produce store we went to the library to return old books and pick up some new ones. I love the library! I love that the children love to read and want me to get books all the time. Our libraries are awesome!!!
Then it was time for 4H. The children love 4H, it is so fun. This months 4H meeting had a demonstration by a chemistry teacher. It was very interesting and so educational. The children all loved it. They also had cookies and brownies and marshmellows there for the children to eat. They actually made elements from the periodic table using the marshmellows before they ate them. This is where having a young baby comes in very handy. I was holding her so that kept my hands occupied and made me less likely to have an urge to reach out and take a brownie. The cookies were flat and did not look good. I make awesome homemade chocolate chip cookies so if I am going to eat something like that I would rather eat my own because they are so good, and I don't really like marshmellows, but I love brownies. I was not tempted by them though. I didn't even give them a second glance. Yay for me! :)
After the 4H meeting we headed off to the grocery store. I was totally out of avocadoes and needed them for my daily salads and also for the birthday cake that I am making for My Big Helper this weekend. Now let me preface this next part by stating that I don't like driving our van. Because of the size of our family we drive a very large van. It is a 12 passenger van and it can be a pain getting it in and out of parking spaces. I usually try to find a space where I can pull through and then I don't have to worry about backing the beast up again. That is my nickname for our van..the beast. Well I could not find any pull through spots but there was a spot right next to the area where the shopping carts are supposed to be returned. I figured that would be a good spot to park since I could put the little ones into a cart right away and then it would be easy to return the cart too after we were done shopping. Remember now, that I am not real great at parking the beast. Somehow I parked way to close to the barrier of the cart return and of course that was the side of the van where all the children had to pile out of the van. I had to squeeze in between the barrier and the van gasping to try and get the baby out. The space was so tight that I couldn't get her carseat out so I had to take her out of the seat and then shimmy sideways away from the van to get out again. By the time all the children were out of the van and ready to go into the store I was exhausted! And I still had to go shopping! So we headed into the store. I really didn't need much. Just avocadoes. And normally I wouldn't bother stopping for just one thing like that but I REALLY needed them so I made a special trip. Unfortunately the store did not have any good avocadoes. My choices were between the horribly overripe ones that looked and smelled disgusting and the hard as a rock ones that will probably not be ripe for another week at least. So I stood there forlornly looking at the avocadoes with an empty cart and 7 children in tow wondering what to do. The only reason I went to the store was just to get those avocadoes and the options were less than thrilling. I was so dissapointed and annoyed that I had dragged everyone into the store for such a horrid collection of avocadoes. I ended up grabbing 10 of the hard as a rock fruits and headed off to the checkout. Then all the children had to shimmy back into the van and I had to wrestle the baby back into the van and her carseat again. Ugh! My skirt was a filthy mess after I was done. All of that trouble and I still don't have any avocadoes that I can eat with my salads!! I am hoping that they will be ripe enough to use for the cake I am making. They are in a brown paper bag now. So frustrating though.
And the scale is still stuck at 185. I wish it would go down. I wish I didn't care, but I do. I really do. I need to take that stupid scale and hide it. No, I need my hubby to hide it. I can't hide it from myself cause I will know where it is and still dig it out and weigh myself. I am not supposed to weigh myself every day for this very reason.
OK, off to go find some breakfast.
Despite this somewhat negative post......I love raw. (really, I do)
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know I can totally relate to your entire post, right? =) =) We don't drive a beast, not yet anyway - my husband refuses to buy a van, he wants a Suburban with two extra seats in the back instead. So for now we're still driving our 8-seater SUV which of course means we have to take 2 cars everywhere we go since we're a family of 9, as of July '09. Oh well, works for now!
ReplyDeleteYou don't even know how many times I have done the SAME EXACT THING - dragged my kids, all of them, into the store for just one thing, only to find out they're out. Mostly I do it for the 25c banana box at one certain tiny country store. And I really hate going out; I love staying at home....
The scale, you gotta' be strong, sister!! You still have over half the month to go, and many people would be so so happy with the typical 5-8 lbs per month. You never know what is going to happen in the next few weeks so just do something drastic and ignore the dumb thing until your scheduled weight check.
Hang in there!! =)
Thanks Sherah! :)
ReplyDeleteI've had that avo experience so many times. Frustrating!!! Putting a banana in the bag with them will help ripen them faster. :)
ReplyDelete