It has been a rather disappointing month so far. I got on the scale this morning and I have not lost one single little pound. And I have not had a chance to workout in over a week. And I have been so hungry lately and I do believe that I have been overeating dates. I have a box in my fridge and I seem to grab them all day. Just three or so at a time but when I am going back to get them several times a day that adds up pretty fast. I used to ration them but lately I have jest been craving them. For one thing they are super tasty. But also they have such a meaty texture, something I can really sink my teeth in and chew. I don't know. But from today on I am back to rationing myself. No more pigging out on dates. I have not made one lick of progress towards my goal this month which is highly annoying to me. Part of the not getting to workout bit has been due to Little Angel being a bit more difficult with her sleeping schedule. But honestly there have been times when I could have squeezed it in and I was just too lazy to do it. No more!!!! I want to reach my goal weight before the end of the year and I still have a long way to go. There is no time for slacking off!
So the good news. I did manage to workout just now. I got on the elliptical and did my 5K distance. Little Angel slept peacefully in her swing. I even got to take a shower. Yay! She is awake now. But I am glad that I got the chance to workout again. I actually prefer to do it in the beginning part of the day if I can get away with it. That way I don't have it looming over my shoulder all day. I get it out of the way and then don't have to worry about it. The bad thing about working out during the day though is that I feel guilty. But Sunshine was happily playing and the other children are doing school so it wasn't that bad. I got the dishwasher laoded before getting on the ellliptical so at least some cleaning was being done. I need to stop feeling guilty about making room for exercising. Why is it so hard for us Moms to think about ourselves?
Well, Little Angel is awake and intent on getting my attention so I need to sign off now. More later. No time to spell check, sorry for any weird errors! :)
I love raw.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good job for pulling yourself up by the bootstraps and getting back on the exercise wagon! I had to do that too, I took 2 days off in a row and that was a BIG hurdle for me to get back up into my routine and do my workout. Ooooh it was hard to do this morning! But I've outlined my week's worth of workout and eating goals and I absolutely WANT TO DO THIS with all my heart! And seeing it on paper helps.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel guilty - our kiddos need a happy mama taking care of them! And I am definitely more happy and less lazy with everything ELSE when I do my workouts. Friday is no school so that's going to be my challenge...doing my hard resistance training with them around so I'm planning to get up early and do it. =)