Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Dictator In My Life

My life is ruled by a dictator. This dictator is oppossed to me getting any exercise whatsoever. This dictator wants constant attention, refuses to sleep alone and often prevents me from eating, even when I am really hungry. This dictator.....is my sweet precious little 4 month old baby! And lately she has been an overbearing dictator when it comes to allowing me to get anything done. Which means that she is not letting me do much of anything. Sweet baby, I love her so much. She is the cutest little dictator I have ever seen! She is teething, so she is drooling and slobbering all over the place. Poor little dear. I can't believe how much I love that little baby. Even when she makes it impossible for me to exercise or get much of anything done. She will only be little lie this for such a short amount of time and I really want to just enjoy her at this precious stage.

So last night I made pizza for my family for supper. And I had not had hardly anything to eat during the day. The whole day just got away from me and before I realized it, it was supper time and all I had eaten during the day was 2 oranges and a bunch of grapes. Not nearly enough! And then I started to feel dizzy. No wonder! So I put the baby in her swing and made a salad. The pizza that the children and hubby were eating smelled so incredible. Pizza is one of my weaknesses. I had to stay OUT of the kitchen and AWAY from the pizza. At some time during supper Hubby asked me if I could get him a couple more slices of pizza and I had to tell him no! I did not want to touch that pizza, didn't trust myself to be that close to it. So I apoligized to him and said "please don't ask me to get you another slice, it just looks and smells too good." I questioned my resolve. Now I feel bad, but last night I just had to stay away from the food that was tempting me. What is the Bible verse for that? Resist the devil and flee temptation? Something like that. I guess that is what I did, foodwise.

Yesterday I rearranged the furntiture in the living room again. I am really big on rearranging. I am always miving furniture around. I probably do it every three months or so. I don't know why. I also got a new pair of shoes (finally!) on Sunday. I wore them all the night and then all day yesterday to try and break them in. Now that I have my shoes I can sign up for the 5K on April 24th. I hope I am ready by then. The 10 is May 31st and I am still on the fence about that one. I don't know if I can be ready by then.

Well, I need to go now. The little dictator is calling........ :)

I love raw

3 comments:

  1. The little babies are so precious and mine too is the boss (right now anyway)!!!

    Moving furniture is like therapy for me....I come away feeling refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, just keep enjoying that sweet precious gift of yours! :-) You're right, you'll never get this time with her back... and there will be plenty of 10k's in your future. If she needs you that much right now, just sign up for a 10k set for September or something! LOL! I hope your hubby was understanding! I believe you could have handled it, you're so strong, but it would have been so painful to do it!You get stronger every day that you resist those temptations though! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine - yes it is therapuetic...gives a nice change. I am a furniture moving addict. I admit it.

    Resa - Thank you! Yes, hubby was great. My oldest got him some more pizza, she actually volunteered to get some for him the sweet thing! Then hubby put all the pizza away for me after supper was over. He is so supportive. The children are all eating the leftovers right now and the smell is wafting in here. But it is gone now! Yay!
    Yeah, I may have to wait on the 10K. It is hard to get away to exercise and she is quite needy lately. I enjoy her so much, she is just so precious and I love being with her. We'll see. I am definately signing up for the 5K in April. I can make a decision on the other later. No rush. :)

    ReplyDelete