Friday, January 8, 2010

An Awesome Day!

Today was just so great. I just got done with an awesome workout. Once again I did not want to do it. I had to remember how happy I always am once I get done and that feeling drives me to do the workout another day. So I got on the elliptical, strapped on the headphones and started going. And I beat my record again. I am getting a little bit faster and stronger every day which is so cool. Another great reason to keep going. I don't want to lose the progress that I have made. So today I went 2.21 miles in 30 minutes and then continued on until I had burned 300 calories. My goal is to eventually get to three miles. I want to be able to do another 5K. I wonder if working out on the elliptical is sufficient training for running (or jogging (slowly )in my case) a 5K if I am doing similar distances?

I realize that I have not been recording what eat. So I shall do so now.

Today I had a pint of carrot/apple juice for breakfast.
a bunch of grapes as a mid morning snack
a delicious green smoothie with 3 bananas, frozen blueberries, spinach and fresh mint (so yummy!) for lunch
2 sinfully delicious oranges for an afternoon snack. (these were seriously insanely good!)
a large mixed salad with creamy tomato basil dressing for supper

I am full and happy. I have sweat dripping down my back and face now from my invigorating workout and I feel great!! This is why I love raw food. This feeling right here of knowing that I am doing the most awesome thing in the world for my body. And this feeling of actually having the energy to exercise at the end of the day. And I love how I feel after I workout which is what motivates me to do it all again the next day.

I am off now to relax on my couch with a good book and some cold water.

I LOVE raw!

No comments:

Post a Comment