So today marks the end of two weeks being back on raw. I feel really good. Right now I am drinking some carrot juice.
I did not get a chance to workout Wednesday niht because Little Angel had a very strange sleep pattern that day. I normally get her to sleep around 7 and then do my workout after I put Sunshine to bed between 7 and 8. But on Wednesday night Little Angel woke up from a very long nap at about 6:45. I was not able to get her back to sleep until almost 9 and by that time it was just too late for me. Not to worry though.
Last night I had another amazing workout. I started out doing my two minute intervals increasing them as I went. Each interval for 2 minutes. 1, 3, 5, 7, 3, 9, 5, 11, 7, 13, 9, 15, 5, 9, 3. This was the first time that I ever did level 15! And I maintained a speed of 4.0 + so by the time 30 minutes had elapsed I had gone 2.25 miles. Then decided to keep going at intensity level 1 until I hit the 5K distance of 3.1 miles. So I did that. I hit 3.1 miles right around 40 minutes and since I was so close to the 45 minute mark that I decided to just go ahead and do a 45 minute workout and that is what I ended up doing. It was pretty awesome and at one point I was going 5.3 and 5.7 mph on there. Yay! I actually think that I prefer doing my workouts using different levels of intensity. It really breaks up the monotany and helps the workout to go by quickly. And I love how I feel after I have finished my workout. I feel strong and capable. I feel like I have really accomplished something. It is so amazing!
I am still curious as to what (if any) difference their is with training on an elliptical and training on a treadmill. I still want to do some 5K's but I am not sure how I will kow if I am ready since the elliptical is different than the treadmill. I feel like the elliptical is easier, but maybe that is just because I am used to it now. I don't know. I really need to take a jog down the road to see how I do but I am afraid of the wild animals. Seriously.
Foodwise life is good. I am enjoying the delicious oranges that are available right now. They are so juicy and sweet. The other day I had 6 of them. Two for breakfast, two for lunch and two for a snack. I could have eaten more too. I am a very big fan of eating fruit that is in season while it is in season. I guess I am doing some mono eating too since my orange meals consist of just oranges. I am still juicing. I have not been having as much as I would like because we were running low but hubby picked some more carrots up yesterday so tomorrow I can start drinking 2 pints a day again instead of one.
I guess that is all for now. I need to get going on my day.
I love raw!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment