On Saturday night we went over to our pastors house for dinner. The pastors wife was very sweet wanting to know what she could make for me. I really did not want to put her out and told her that a salad really would be just fine. She asked me to bring along something else, a side dish that I could eat, to accompany the lasagne that she was making. I racked my brain and thought and thought about what I could bring. I had no idea what to make! I didn't want to make another salad type dish. I wanted to make my flax cracker pizza things. Mmmmm! But I didn't have the ingredients to make them or the time. So I decided on nori rolls. Fast, easy and impresssive looking, nori rolls are so simple and they taste good too. So I brought a plate of nori rolls and I made some pecan date balls for dessert as well. I didn't get any pictures (shame on me!) but everything was yummy. The pastor and his wife actually liked my nori rolls (she wants the recipe) and the dessert that I had made (she also wants the recipe for that!). I was happy. Plus I liked them, I felt full and satisfied with my salad and nori rolls while everyone ese ate ooey gooey lasanga and fresh hot rolls (yikes!). We had a wonderful time visiting and all of our children played well together. It doesn't have to be about the food. Everyone fgocuses on the food but it was about the fellowship and the time together. I am so thankful that the pastor and his wife choose not to make a big deal out of my dietary choices as many others have done. What a wonderful couple they are!
I love Raw!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so cool that they didn't feel they had to eat your way and that they didn't pressure you to eat their way. Excellent working together! :)
ReplyDelete