Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ramblings

Hello!!

Sorry for the long time no post thing. I have been so busy and my computer has been acting up as well. It kept kicking me off every web page I would open. It was very frustrating to say the least. But it appears to have sorted itself out now. At least it is not bumping me off everything anymore so that is good.

Summer is in full swing here and I am trying to plan out our time so that we get to enjoy some of the activities going on around here. Right now they are having a music festival in the neighboring areas and I want to try to take the children to as many events as possible. We already saw a harp demonstration which was really neat. There are also so many national parks and hiking trails around here that I am just itching to explore and I am suppossed to go visit an old school friend on her beef farm in Northern Illinois sometime this summer as well. The children are looking froward to that. She has horses! Ohhhh! I just need to plan everything. I am a big planner. I like to have lists and schedules too.

Foodwise things have been good and bad. I have been eating good, staying on track and not cheating. But I have been having food struggles. It seems like whenever I get stressed out about money I want to eat bad. I am such an emotional eater. I also am big on second guessing myself. I do it all the time. With big things and little things. I always agonize over what to do and then once I decide I always wish that I had chosen differently. This goes from things as insignificant as a menu item at a restaurant to more important things like what we named our daughter! (Awful huh?) And moving here, to this house. I love this house. It is very pretty. But it is not me. It is more modern with high catherdral ceilings and pretty detail throughout. I am definately more of an old farm house kind of a gal. Or an old victorian. Charm, character. I love those types of houses. Plus I worry that this house is too expensive for us. We should have gotten a cheaper house. We never have any money leftover from bills to do anything. Blah, blah, blah. And that is when the urge to just say to heck with it on my raw food starts to rear its ugly head. So far I have not given in. It will not accomplish anything to eat poorly. It will not make me feel better and will make me feel worse, nor will it solve our financial troubles. I think it is a control thing. I have no control over our finances but I can control what I put into my mouth and therefore I want to indulge in foods that are bad for me, since I can not indulge in activites that I want to such as going on vacation, getting lessons for the children (music, martial arts, horseback riding, ect.) So that is my battle.

I saw an awesome number on the scale this morning. And no I am not going to say what it was and yes I realize that I was not supposed to be on the scale in the first place. Shame on me! But it was so nice seeing that number and I am hoping, hoping, hoping that it will stay that low (or lower!) for Fridays weekly weigh in for the initiative. Only two more weigh ins for that and then I am done. I hope to end on a low note, hehehe.

Also I am reading a very interesting and eye opening book right now. It is called Animal Factory by David Kirby. It reads like a horror story, only it is true. Very scary. This book is a must read for anyone who is concerned about the quality of their food and the health of their communities and bodies.

Well I guess that is all for now. I need to do some research, make some phone calls and watch the baby. And eat. I'm hungry. Time for some grapes. Mmmmm!

I love raw :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am new to your blog and I really like it! We have similar starting points and seem to be on the same path! I just got into the 160's after hitting my high weight of 226 after I had my children. I am now taking back control over my body and it feels good! I am down 61 lbs as of today! I was doing Medifast at the recommendation of my dr but have since come off of it. Hope we can be supportive to each other! Feel free to visit my blog. I try to blog every day. Take care.

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete