Hello,
Sorry for not posting for a bit. I am still here. I *did* have a cheat. It was not as good as I was hoping and I stopped it when I had predetermined to do so. I am very proud of myself for having my cheat and then getting right back on track. Yesterday was day one of my 11 week initiative. I was tempted to have another cheat day yesterday but stayed focused and determined and ate all raw all day. I am back to being strong with my raw food convictions. This is a huge deal for me. It was imperitive that I get right back on track and not let 1 1/2 days turn into 1 1/2 weeks, or 1 1/2 months as it so often has in the past. I have never been able to bounce right back like that before so I am really happy about that. It is always so hard to get back on track for me. So I am very, very happy that I was able to cheat like a normal person and then get back to business like a normal person. No obsessing, no prolonged cheating. Just what I planned and moving on. Yay!
A couple of interesting thoughts:
1. SAD food makes me sooooooo thirsty. When I am eating all raw I rarely drink anything. That is because all of the raw food I eat has such a high water content that I am never thirsty. And I love water. I love to drink water, but when I eat all raw I just am never thristy. When I eat SAD my whole body feels parched. Like I am super dehydrated and I drink a ton of water. I drank close to a gallon of water on Friday. I was so thirsty!
2. While it was nice to have the "freedom" to eat whatever I wanted for a day and a half I did not feel good as a result. My stomach was upset and I felt very bloated.
3. I do miss bread. I can't help it. There is no raw substitute for bread. I enjoyed the rolls that I ate. They were really yummy. I am proud of myself for only eating things that have no raw vegan alternative. Like bread. I focused on foods and textures that I missed the most. I did not have any soda either. Or ice cream. Usually I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. But since I make such yummy raw ice cream I had no desire for that stuff. Yay for me!
4. I already said it, but I've got to say it again. I am really glad that I got right back on track. Moving on and moving forward. That is such a healthy attitude to have and one that I have never accomplished before.
Tomorrow we are going to the zoo. Today my Big Helper and The Carnivore made chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin muffins to take with us to the zoo tomorrow. Snacks for the road. Normally we would pack sandwiches and crackers and stuff for lunch as well but hubby thought it would be nice to go to a food place while we are at the zoo. This is a challenge for me. We rarely go out to eat, or eat out just due to the size of our family. It is just too expesive to buy food out for everyone. But since the zoo is free (how cool is that?) I guess hubby figures we can splurge a bit. I would rather just pack sandwiches, but whatever. I can get through this. I am packing oranges, a couple of Larabars, and some grapes. Hubby found a restaurant in the zoo that has a salad bar where people can buy salads by the ounce. So that is good. I was going to make some wraps and crackers today but the day got away from me and I didn't get a chance.
One more thing......I want to say thank you to all of you who read this blog and comment. I REALLY appreciate all of you and I love to read your comments. You are so very helpful to me. I know that I need to be honest with this blog and it helps to keep me accountable and moving in the right direction knowing that you are reading this, wondering how I am doing, and cheering me on. So Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I want you to know that I am in a good place and you are helping me to be there.
Moving in the right direction :)
I love raw!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! I know exactly why you're so proud of yourself, and you should be!!! You accomplished something I aspire to myself... one day I'll get there. :-) I know what you mean about accountability also. The only thing that kept me from getting off track Friday was not wanting to disappoint other people! You're awesome, keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteGreat news...and good for you for sticking to your plan after a period of freedom.
ReplyDeleteI was worried/concerned when you didn't post over the weekend.