Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fighting The Calzone Demon

That is what I am doing right now. I am fighting the calzone demon and so far I am winning. Let me explain.

It has been a very long day. We had to drop our big Great Dane boy off with another breeder. It was almost 3 hours one way. We stopped and had a picnic lunch with my friend and spent some time together letting the children run around and play while we were there, but we spent a good part of the day in the van driving. And because I have 7 children I do not like to have to make pit stops if I can avoid it. What a pain that is with only me to hustle everyone in and out. Plus I HATE using public toilets. Yuck. So anyways I did not have much to eat or drink today because I didn't want to have to use the bathroom while we were on the road. I did eat and drink some. Just not as much as I would have likes. So by the time we got back home again I was so hungry but Little Angel had been in her carseat for a long time and she needed me. And needed me. And needed me. Meanwhile the children are all heating up food and the smells are wafting out to me and it smells sooooooo good. And that is when it hit. The calzone demon reared it's ugly head and all I could think of was making a calzone. I started getting cranky (because I was hungry) and the calzone demon grew bigger and bigger. It has been a battle all night long not to make a calzone. Mmmmm, so warm and cheesy and gooey and yummy. Sounds good right? But that calzone would not be the end of it. I know me. I know how I am. Tomorrow we are going out for homeschool PE. If I made and ate that calzone then tomorrow I would pick up chips and chocolate at the store. I KNOW I would. And I don't need it. I really don't. I am hungry and tired and I had a long day. Now I can eat an avocado, make some banana ice cream and sit on the couch and watch a girl movie because hubby is gone. I will not make a calzone. I will not buy garbage at the store tomorrow. You all are helping me to be accountable and the prioritize my goals. Eating a calzone will not help me with my goals. It will send me on a downward spiral.

So, I am fighting the calzone demons, and I am winning! Yay me!

I love raw. (Gonna go eat that avocado now :) )

**Edited to add - I am now enjoying a delicious salad and some avocado with sea salt and onion powder. So delicious. I am very glad that I did not cave in to tempation. If I had I would have felt very guilty and started the whole guilt/binge/despair process all over again. A definate victory and this avocado is amazing!!!!

3 comments:

  1. An amazing avocado beats that greasy calzone any day! Wait to stay true to your convictions! 7 kids???? Whoa, that's a lot of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! Great job girl! What a victory!!! You're making a new script for yourself with every single one of these decisions! The decision to not go to extremes when hubby is out of town, the decision to not make that calzone!! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete