I am feeling very positive and motivated today. I love days like this! Today I just love raw food. I love everything about it. The colors, the textures, the flavors, the health and vitality. I love the way eating raw food makes me feel. I love the way eating raw food makes me look. I am just in love right now. In love with the raw food lifestyle. Isn't love grand? :)
I was recently thinking about how we often make things so much more complicated and confusing than they need to be. Especially those of us who are trying to lose weight. We tend to agonize over everything. Eating raw is really simple and easy to understand. It really is not complicated at all but it often is portrayed as this far out thing that is hard to accomplish. And it isn't. It isn't far fetched to eat wholesome and nutritious raw foods. And it isn't hard to do either.
I have often had people complain about how much time it takes to prepare raw food. Really?! When it comes right down to it making raw food is no more time comsuming than making SAD foods. Often it takes even less time to prepare. What is faster than grabbing a bunch of grapes to munch on or peeling an orange or a banana to eat. Talk about fast food! I think what intimidates people is the newness of raw foods. It is out of their comfort zone and thus seems much more complicated and difficult than it really is. This is no different than trying out any new thing, such as making sushi or chicken cordon bleu. The newness of it can be exciting but it can also be intimidating. But preparing delicious raw foods is so easy to do. It doesn't have to be intimidating!
I have found through my own experience that preparing raw foods is often easier than cooking traditionally. And I never get burned by grease flying out of the frying pan like I do when I make food for my family. How great is that? Seriously though making great tasting raw foods is so easy to do. And all of the foods can be modified to fit individual tastes. If you don't like a particular ingredient leave it out. If you don't have something that a recipe calls for substitue something else. It is so simple! For instance I do not care for savory dishes made with walnuts. I just never have. But most burger and nut loaf recipes that I have seen all use walnuts. Does this mean that I can never eat these types of foods? No! I just substitue nuts that I do like such as cashews, brazil nuts or even sunflower seeds and they come out simply lovely. It is just wonderful!
Despite all of the raw food love flowing around right now I do have a problem. Apparently my water line was accidently cut by the town while repairing a culvert and now I have no water. This is bad. I need water. I was just getting ready to make some delicious and refreshing orange juice but now I have to wait because I don't have any water to clean my machine after I am done. Hopefully the water will be back on soon.
I love raw!! :)
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No water...oh no!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great ideas for getting in exercise....I never would have thought about doing games with the kids....I don't know why but it just never dawned on me to do that. So Thanks again!
What about salads? I have at least two salads almost every day. They are the easiest thing to throw together. A dressing can be as simple as lemon, olive oil, HS Salt, pepper...
ReplyDeleteI hope the water situation works itself out.
Yes Coleen I love salads and have one almost every day and you are right. Salads are super fast and easy to make and extremely delicious. I love my daily salads! Thanks for your comment :)
ReplyDelete