Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fruity Business

So last night we had our company and it was really nice. We all had a very good time, had a nice visit and the children enjoyed playing with each other too. This was the first time that we have had anyone over for dinner since moving here and it was nice. It was just an overall really nice evening.

Hubby made the brisket steaks for dinner with mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies. I put a nice big salad together for everyone. The pastors wife brought rolls and two desserts to share. I had my salad and no one even card that I didn't eat everything. They even asked me about being a vegan and it was really nice. The dessert that the pastors wife brought was one of my former favorites, chocolate peanut butter squares. But I was not even tempted by them. I was very happy about that.

After our guests left I made myself one of my most favorite things. Banana ice cream with thick creamy chocolate sauce. Mmmmmm! That is one of my all time favorite raw desserts and I have been craving it all week. I have not had this dessert, or any dessert really for about three weeks. As I began making my treat I looked at my box of oranges and my mouth watered. Suddenly I wanted oranges and not my oooey gooey treat! But, I pushed ahead, ignored my craving for fruit and made my ice cream treat and guess what? I didn't enjoy it. It tasted so rich to me. Don't get me wrong, it was good. Delicious. But I would have rather had that fruit. I wanted oranges. I should have listened to my body telling me what it wanted instead of my head telling me what I thought I wanted. The dessert would have been ok if it was just the ice cream, or just some chocolate. But all together it was overpowering and too much which was really weird. I have always loved that dessert.

Right now I am dehydrating some broccoli that has had olive oil drizzled over it and has been liberally seasoned with sea salt, cumin (hubby bought me more, yay!) chili powder and onion powder. It is cold and rainy today and I want something warm and satisfying. I am going to try to make a creamy broccoli soup with the dehydrated broccoli and some cashew cream. I'll post later about how it turns out.

We are leaving early early tomorrow morning for Chicago!! I have so much to do. I need to pack, write down addresses and get everything ready. I am so excited. My next post should be in Chicago after we have eaten at our first raw restaurant. Yay!!!

I love raw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment