Friday, May 14, 2010

For The Love Of Cauliflower

I recently discovered a surprisingly delicious snack. Cauliflower. But not just any ole cauliflower. This is cauliflower prepared in a special way. I had heard of other people doing this in the past and talking about how good it was but I was skeptical. Well call me a skeptic no more, I am a bonefide believer in the deliciousness of cauliflower prepared this special way. Here is what you do:

Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Drizzle and toss with olive oil. Liberally sprinkle with sea salt, onion powder and spices of your choosing. Pop into the dehydrator for a couple hours. That's it. These are incredible. I can not believe how good they are. Really.

The first time I made these I seasoned them with sea salt and cumin. Mmmmm!
The second time I made these I seasoned them with sea salt, cumin, and onion powder. Mmmm-mmmm!
I just made these again and I seasoned them with sea salt, onion powder and chili powder. Mmm-mmm-mmmm!

I like the cumin flavor best but I am all out of cumin now. Seriously these are awesome. Fiesty Princess and I just stood over the dehydrator stuffing our faces with them. Amazingly good and so easy. It will be a regualr snacking staple around here from now on.

I need to buy more cauliflower!

We are having company tonight. The pastor and his wife are coming to dinner with their children. I am looking forward to it. I am making a roast with potatoes, carrots and onions and a big salad. The pastors wife is bringing some bread and dessert. I will eat the salad. It should be fun. Then tomorrow I need to get everything packed up for our big trip to..............

CHICAGO!!!!

We are so excited. I need to make sure the batteries on the camera are all charged up because I plan on taking lots and lots of food pictures. I will come back with some serious raw food porn for all of you to see.

I need to go clean the house some more.

I love raw. (mmmmmmmm cauliflower)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to try this - I've heard of it too, and was a skeptic too. =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete