Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Am Very Proud Of Myself

Things are going really well here for me food wise. I am really proud of how well I have been able to deal with the recent stress around here without abusing food. I also realize that Hubby went away on a trip and it was the first time, EVER, that I have not had a binge. And it wasn't even difficult. I never even thought about it. I just did it. This is a huge victory for me. So huge! Going to those raw food restaurants really made a big difference to me. It impacted me in such a big way. Instead of focusing on food and eating poorly I made delicious raw creations and took the children on a hike. It was wonderful. I am looking forward to our next hike. It was really fun!

The puppy seems to be getting better. We went to the vet and they took (way too many) x-rays and after being trapped at the vets office for 2 1/2 hours with seven children determined that they had no idea what was wrong with her. Thanks. But they had no problem charging me a ridiculous amount of money to tell me that! They ended up giving me steroids for her and antibiotics. I also need to keep her still and not let her move around much and just rest. So she is in a small crate for now. I need to bring her back in on Friday to get looked at. The good news is that she seems to be getting better. She was wagging her tail yesterday and this morning she was walking better on her back legs. I am cautiously optimistic about things. I really hope she gets better. She is such a beautiful puppy.

OK, food. I love food. I have been making some incredible food lately. Yummy broccoli and cauliflower in the dehydrator and the other day I made flax cracker pizza/bruschetta things with a mango salsa that were ridiculously good. I have more crusts in the dehydrator right now and cashews soaking for cheese so I am making some more for lunch. I will get pictures to post. I also still need to post pictures of the other food we got at Karyns. I will get to that. Promise!

I love raw!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am really proud of you too!! I still think it is so strange how we want to "let loose and party" when DH is gone, lol! Not in a bad, wild sort of way - but with food. I wonder if it's because (for me) I would be embarrassed to eat like that if he saw me? Probably, cuz I know it's not so good.

    Anyway, I am really looking forward to your update in weight progress next week! Are you going to post pictures at all?

    ReplyDelete