Thursday, November 12, 2009

One Week Anniversary

Not me.....the baby. She is one week old today. I can't believe how fast the time goes by once they are born. When I was pregnant the days felt like weeks. Especially in the end. But now a whole week has gone by since my baby was born and it was so fast!

Today is going well. I feel munchy. I want to munch on things. I was also quite hungry when I woke up this morning. So I made myself a green smoothie using 2 regular bananas and one frozen banana, some spinach, a couple ice cubes and some cocao nibs. It was really yummy. I only drank about half of it because my three younger children all came running when they heard the blender going and they all wanted some. I couldn't say no. I love that they want to drink my green smoothies. Our 2 year old comes running everytime I turn that blender on. She reminds me of a cat we used to have that always came running into the kitchen every time we used the can opener because she thought she was going to get some tuna juice (this was awhile ago!) Sunshine comes running every time I turn on the blender and wants whatever it is that I have made. She is so cute. Sometimes I am not making a yummy drink though. Sometimes it is salad dressing and then she gets upset when I don't fill up her cup. She is too young to understand poor thing.

I have a batch of kale chips in the dehydrator. I have never made these before but I have heard a lot of good things about them. So hopefully they will turn out well. The marinade that I made for them was really tasty. They should be done tomorrow. They smell delicious.

I need to make a grocery list and make sure that I get lots of apples. I love to eat apples at night for dinner. My favorite is the Honey Crisps. Those are so good. Apples and Smoothies are good things to eat right now. It seems like every time I sit down to eat the baby wants to eat too. So smoothies keep me full and apples are easy to eat while I nurse too.

I guess that is all for now. Life is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment