Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hungry, hungry

I have been very hungry lately. I am not sure why. I am trying to eat more during the day so that I don't eat a bunch of food at night. I am also trying to drink more water because I know that often times we will feel hungry when we are really just thirsty.

I have also been doing a lot of research lately. Trying to find some savory recipes to try out. It has gotten very cold here the last two days and suddenly I want more "substantial" foods. I have cashews soaking to make cheeze. I think I am going to try to make some onion bread too. And I should make up some flax crackers. Those taste really good with the cashew cheeze.

I was also looking into raw food restaurants nearby. There really aren't any nearby. Chicago would be the closest and that is over 5 hours away. Not really close by any stretch of the imagination. If I were to go up there it would definately be an all day event. Maybe in the spring. It could be something to look forward to.

I was reading a blog of someone doing the 8-1-1 low fat raw vegan (LFRV) diet. I would lik to research this a bit more. I am not sure about it. I hear good things and bad things. It seems like there is so much conflicting info. I would not look into it until after the holidays though. It will be hard enough to get through them on regular raw food. I don't want to sabotage myself be switching it up so drastically right now. I also want to get back into juicing. I enjoyed juicing when I first went raw almost 5 years ago. I would like to begin that again.

I guess that is all. I am modifying my Thanksgiving menu. So far I have:

cranberry/pineapple juice
kale chips
flax crackers with cashew cheeze
lasagna
pumpkin pie
chocolate pecan pie

Mmmmmmm! Sounds good!

I love Raw!

No comments:

Post a Comment