I used to have a wonderful little blog but have been unable to access it for quite sometime. I have missed blogging. I find that it really helps me to read back through what I have written. So I have decided to just start over. I suppose it is appropriate anyways since I am in essence starting over in my raw journey. I would like to say that this is my last start over. A little background:
I began my raw journey (again) four weeks ago while I was in the last weeks of my pregnancy. We had a wonderful home birth. Our sweet baby will be one week old tomorrow. Being raw made a huge difference in the birth of this baby and also in my postpartum recovery. It has been really amazing! I am now 30 pounds lighter than I was when I went raw 4 weeks ago. That is good. I still have a very long way to go. I would need to lose an additional 70-80 pounds. I CAN do this. I need to stay focused and positive and not get derailed by the little things. One day at a time. I also need to not focus on how far I have to go and just take it day by day. Otherwise I will get overwhelmed and falter, which will not get me anywhere.
So far my diet has consisted mostly of fruit, green smoothies, huge salads and raw banana ice cream with raw cacao sauce and pecans. I am working on a Thanksgiving menu. I have no intention of going of raw for this holiday because I know that it would not end there. It would continue on through the New Year and I will be back to square one all over again. I do not want that to happen. Especially not since I am feeling so good. The tatse of the SAD food is not worth the way it makes me feel, physically and emotionally. I am trying to decided if I want to go ahead and make raw food that resembles the traditional Thanksgiving fare, or if I want to just make some special food. I already know that I am going to make a raw pumpkin pie. This is super yummy. And I plan on making some special chocolate dessert as well and something with cranberries for breakfast. So it is really just the main meal that I am trying to figure out.
I guess that is all for now. My "official" weigh in day is Sunday. So on Sunday I will post my stats and try to be diligent about doing so every week. If I can see some action on the scale it will help greatly. I would like to get out and get some exercise as well but with a newborn the timing can be difficult. Plus I know that even though I feel great I should give my body a break and let it recover and recuperate a bit. :)
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment