I have been feeling "off" all day. I am not sure why. Still raw. No change there. I just feel odd. I am also having a fat day. Ever have one of those? Those days where you just feel fat. Nothing looks good on you? That is how I feel today. I realize that I need to lay off myself. I mean I did JUST have a baby two weeks ago. But still, the feelings are there. What can you do? So it is definately a cover myself up sort of day. I am wearing an oversized sweatshirt and an old beat up stretchy black skirt. Not exactly pretty, but I am comfortable.
I had an unfortunate mishap earlier today. I started soaking some cashews two days ago to make some cheeze for Thanksgiving. I discovered this delicious way to make cheeze purely by accident (and because I was either too lazy or too busy to deal with my soaking nuts at the time) that require the nuts to be soaked for several days. It really lends it a truly "cheesy" flavor and tastes amazing. So I started soaking my cashews and this morning as I was changing out the water I dropped the jar and it broke in the sink and ruined all of my cashews. There was glass everywhere and I had to throw all the nuts away and start over. Such a bummer.
I have been looking for some savory recipes to make. Right now I have flax seeds soaking for flax crackers. I also have some flatbread dehydrating. I just made the recipe up so I hope it comes out ok. I would hate to waste all that work and the ingredients. The batter tasted good. Sunshine sat on the counter and watched me while I made it up. In between mixings she kept helping me taste it by sticking her little fingers in and taking some. She really liked it. So that is good.
I just had a big salad. Why do I still feel hungry? And more importantly, what can I eat now? I need to find something. I have been looking into the 80/10/10 a bit more. I tried to find some websites about it yesterday but didn't get far. I read conflicting thoughts on it. Guess I need to look harder for info. I still want to get back to juicing. And this is where I have a conflict with the 80/10/10 folks. On the FAQ section of the website promoting it they say that juicing has no benefits and that it is better to eat the whole food. I do not agree with this and have heard remarkable stories about people healing themselves of all sorts of things by juicing. I am a big juicing fan. So that does not sit well with me.
Well I guess I have gabbed on enough. Two more days until another "official" weigh in. I am hoping for good numbers. I really need to get to exercising. I know, again, just had a baby, but I feel sort of like a bump on a log here. I am looking forward to getting back into jogging. I still have running a half marathon as a goal of mine. We will be starting all over from scratch though. I couldn't even wheeze my way through jogging 1 mile at this point. It is going to take some time and effort to get it back but I want to do it. I am a bit (ok, more than a bit) concerned about the cougars in the area. Especially since our neighbors old me that one stalked a lady down the road while she was out jogging. Now she carries a pistol out jogging with her. Not real sure about going off running down the road with cougars prowling about. Maybe what I need is a treadmill. But running outside is so much nicer and so much more motivating. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe hubby should buy me a small pistol or stun gun to take along jogging with me? I'm not sure about that either!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment