My children are sick. I hate it when they get sick. I always feel so bad for them. I think that they are detoxing right now. I switched the whole family over to vegan last week. No dairy, no butter, no chemicals, just clean eating, not raw, but much healthier than all what the had before. Now granted we were not big meat eaters anyways. The last couple of years we have really decreased the amount of meat that the family consumed. But dairy was still pretty high on the list even though they did not drink milk. Lots of cheeses, butter, sour cream, creeme cheese etc. So they have not had any of that for a week and they are all sick. Runny noses, weepy eyes, sore throats, low grade fever. Sealy has an ear ache. Golden Boy had an ear ache a couple of days ago. Nothing serious, juts overall not feeling well. I am sure lots of juices and fresh foods will help them feel better in no time. I have a bit of a sore throat myself. :( This morning I made cinnamon honey and gave them all a spoonful of that. And I made a garlic infused olive oil to put in Sealys ear. He said it felt better right away. I am glad they are getting all the junk out but I hate to see them sick!
So my cats are crazy!! Lately they have really liked my bedroom. I have no idea why. But I will often find them curled up on my bed or sitting in my window sill. They never really went in there before. But anyways last night when I went to bed Hansel (yes that is his real name) was laying on my side of the bed. When I got into bed I shooed him away so I could lay down. He moved over a bit and then sat right next to my head staring at me. It was unnerving. I could feel him staring at me so I opened my eyes and he was right there, yellow eyes watching me. I said, shoo, go away, and rolled over. Then I felt him licking my hair. Seriously cat? Stop that! So I rolled over again and he was still staring at me. So I pushed him away and said go away! He moved away from my head and got up on top of our bedframe. I thought, oh good now he will go sit in the window and leave me alone. A few minutes later I heard a noise and felt the bed shake right next to me head. The cat had leaped from the window onto the bed, landed right next to my head and scared me silly. Ahhh! That's it Hansel! I picked him up and put him outside the room. Bad Cat! I have no idea what got into him. Later in the night Gretel (yes her real name, they are brother and sister) sat on my window sill batting against the screen making quite a racket. Crazy kitties I tell ya!
I have now made it through 1 week of juice fasting. Today is day 8 and I still feel good (well other than the runny nose and sore throat) I guess I should say that I still feel strong in my resolve and I still intend on extending my fast to at least 30 days. Things are going good. I am drinking lots of water, green juices, tomato juices and orange juices. I am getting lots of color :)
That is all for now. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 8.5 pounds since beginning my juice fast. Very exciting! :)
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful article mate, thanks for sharing it with us. Keep up the great writing.
ReplyDeleteFitnessTacoma