So today was day 5 of the juice fast and I am still doing good and feeling confident and relaxed about it. For that I am very grateful. Todays juice was simply orange/pineapple. We were out of the house all morning and I did not get my first juice until about 3 PM. I brought some water with me and I wa perfectly content drinking that. By the time I had my orange/pineapple juice it was such a treat! So yummy! Today I bought the ingredients I need to make my 1-2-3 juice. It is 1 stick of celery, 2 red peppers and 3 tomatoes. It is insanely good. I add a bit of apple cider vinegar to it and it is delish! I am looking forward to making some tomorrow.
I got another good workout in again today. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and went 2.06 miles and burned 270 calories. So I did better than last time. Unfortunately my elliptical is being dumb right now and it is not working right. I wanted to do intervals tonight but when I tried to change the resistance it started all over again and wiped out what I had already done. So I messed around with it a bit (all while going at a slower pace) and then decided just to put it on a preprogrammed workout hoping that it would change up the resistance automatically. But after 6 minutes of the programmed workout it started all over and erased my workout again. Grr! I was quite tempted to just say forget it at that point. It is hard enough to get up the gumption to work out to begin with. Then to have the machine keep starting you over is awful. I like to see how much progress I have made. It helps. But I stuck with it and just started over again. I had already done 8 minutes so I knew I only needed to do 22 mintues and that made it not quite so daunting.After 15 minutes I noted my distance and calories burned and just doubled that to get an overall estimate of how far I went and how many calories I burned. I kept up pretty consistant pace the whole time so it should be fairly accurate. I think that the resistance on my machine is broken though. Because is started over when I tried to change it and then during the pre-programmed workout it stopped at minutes and I think that is the point where it would have changed the resistance automatically. I am very sad that the resistance is not working because I really enjoyed doing the interval training. It helped me build up strength and endurance. :(
I guess that is all to report. I has Big Helper hide my scale in her room so I can't obsess over it. I am allowed to weigh on Tuesday because that is my weigh in day but other than that it is off limits. I may go to every other week or once a month again, but for now once a week is actually working for me so I will stick with that.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment