Monday, February 1, 2010

One Month Progress Report

The first month is past and here are my results:

I lost 23 pounds this month!!! YAY! I am very happy with these results.

This morning, Feb 1st, I weighed 192.5. Down from 215.5 on Jan 1st.

I also exerised at least 5 times each week, normally 6 times. I was able to increase my time on the elliptical from just 10 minutes the first day to an hour last night. I was also able to increase my distances as well.

Overall I am very happy with my results. I am excited about losing more weight this month. When a person has a lot of weight to lose the first 20 pounds are sort of bitter sweet. It is good to lose 20 pounds but it is still not that noticable that the weight has come off. I mean, I do look a bit smaller, but I still have a long way to go. I am encouraged by my success in January and motivated to keep on going strong. I know that I will probably not see such a gloriously big number next month (wouldn't that be nice?!) but I am hoping for a double digits. This month I successfully lost a little more than 10% of my body weight. Yay for me!

I also have a non scale victory to report. I am wearing a skirt that just last month did not fit. I could not even bring to two sides together never mind buton or zip it up, and now it fits nicely and is quite comfortaable. I neglected to take any measurements when I began. I never measure myself properly. So I will go by how my clothes fit and how I look and feel.

Guess that is all for now. I will shout it out today because I am really feelin it:

I LOVE RAW!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH I am so so so excited for you!!!! I've been wondering about your scale weight, and now I know. =) That is just so hugely motivating for me. I would love to find a way to start eating one meal raw again.

    That is really intersting about the shampoo thing, too. I've wanted to try that before, but I obviously wouldn't do well since I'm not all raw. It takes a great committment than I'm able to make, right now anyway.

    I am so proud of you. How you just dived in and DID it. I know you struggle, it's not easy, but you do it. SO awesome. I want to be like you when I grow up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherah! You are so sweet!!!

    I am very happy with my results and that keeps me going. I really do love eating all raw so that helps. Because when I don't eat raw I eat like crap and then I feel like crap and I don't want to be that way anymore. So that motivates me. Plus I really just enjoy the food. This time of year is easier for me too and coming into the spring/summer because we don't have anything really coming up. Thanksgiving through Christmas is the tough time so I should be good for awhile! :)

    On the no shampoo thing, I don't think that you have to be all raw for it to work. I have seen some other people that are doing it and I don't think that they are raw. I think the principal is the same. There just happens to be a lot of raw folks who do it. I don't know how being raw or not would effect it though. I personally continued to do no poo when I went off raw over Christmas for 2 weeks and didn't notice my hair being any nastier or anything. It didn't seem to effect it at all.

    Thanks so much for the comment. It is nice to know that someone is reading about my journey :)

    ReplyDelete