Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Beat My Hubby!

Last night my husband decided that he needed to get on the elliptical and beat my times for 2.5 miles and 3.1 miles. He said a little healthy competition would be good. So I told him my times and he did in fact beat me. Well, I am very competitive and I was not about to let him get away with that. So when I got on the elliptical last night I pushed really hard and I beat him right back again. I beat him by 1 second on the 2.5 miles (just barely, lol) and the by a whole minute on the 3.1 miles. I was doing a consistent pace of 5.3 mph and then doing short 30-60 second "sprints" of speed up to 5.7 and 6.2. That was exhausting and really got me working. Then I finished up my 5 miles in 57 minutes. My best time yet! Yay!! My toes were really hurting in the end. From about 42 minutes on they started to get more and more painful. I had intended on finishing off my one hour workout even though I had already reached 5 miles but I had to stop with one minute to go. My toes just couldn't handle it anymore. When I was done I could not believe how hot and sweaty I was. I have often wondered at The Biggest Loser contestants when they have sweat just pouring off their bodies. Well that was me last night. It was crazy! So I took a nice long cold shower to cool myself down and then I felt much better. It was a pretty awesome workout. If I could juat figure out how to get my toes to stop hurting things would be so much better though!

Food:

Lets see.....I had:

1 pint carrot/apple juice
green smoothie with 2 bananas/spinach and 1 cup blueberries
large salad with lots of brocolli, avocado and spinach with oil vinagrette dressing
2 dates
3 oranges

Ok, another not eating that much day. I spent the whole morning and early part of the afternoon cleaning my house. And I mean cleaning! I scrubbed the floors in the kitchen and dining room, washed down all my cupboards, finally got the last three boxes in the hallway unpacked and put away, swept all the floors, vaccuumed and had the boys clean the school room and play room. So I didn't have a lot of time to eat.

The day before I ate more and it was heavier food too, like banana ice cream with chocolate nut sauce. I am very hungry right now so I need to go find something to have. We have a busy afternoon today with PE for the children and then I need to return books to the library and hit the produce warehouse too.

I love raw!

No comments:

Post a Comment