I think I am coming to an end of all this craving garbage. I felt a lot stronger yesterday and the day before. On Thursday I went to a mothers get together. There was tons of food spread out including cookies and bread stuff. Plus gourmet coffee. Lots of sweets, just what I had been craving. But I just drank water and was fine. I stayed away from the food and talked with the other mothers there. I made sure I ate on the way there so I was not overly hungry. By the time I left I was really hungry though and I enjoyed a nice big salad when I got home feeling very proud of myself. I was very happy to have resisted any temptations and stayed raw. Yesterday I did not struggle so much with visions of SAD food. So I am glad to be pulling out of this SAD food craving for now.
So now I need to try to figure out what I am going to make for Christmas, both for myself and my family. The children will be getting some chocolate in their stockings so I will make something chocolatey for myself as well. I am thinking of doing Maraw's pancakes for breakfast with a blueberry syrup. Those were really yummy and would be a great 'special breakfast' for Christmas. Other than that I am at a loss for ideas. I need to do some searches and see what I come up with. I might make some more kale chips. Maybe some crackers and dip. That is always good. And if I can find the recipe I would like to try to make raw gingerbread cookies again. I did it a couple years ago and they were really good. Maybe some other type of cookies as well. The children want to make regular SAD sugar cookies so I need something that I can eat so that I can resist those SAD cookies. It is not so much that I am a big cookie person. But I am a picker, especially since the baby doesn't let me sit down to actual meals much. I want to make sure that I have food that I can pick at in case she doesn't let me eat. So I need to search for some recipes.
On the exercising front I have not done too well. I did dig out the mini tramp the other day and jumped on it for awhile. And I found some of my exercise DVD's. I really want, no NEED, to get going on exercise. I need to find out when there will be some 5K's coming up and sign up for them. That will force me to get going so that I can do the run. That is what I need to do.
On the shampoo front, or rather the no shampoo front, things are going good. My hair looks good still. It feels a little, how do I say it? thick maybe. But it is going better than I expected. The only down side to this whole experiment is that the shower is about the only place where I have complete silence and no one is talking to me, asking me questions, or needing my assistance. Since I am no longer lathering up my hair with shampoo and conditioner I don't really have an excuse to take a long drawn out shower. But I am not letting that stop me! I still try to stay in as long as possible.
Guess that is all for now. My fingers are getting tired and I can hear the baby beginning to stir.
I can say it again because I am starting to feel it;
I love raw!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment