I am doing something new. Something I have never done before. I am not using the scale. At all. I have decided that I am going to eat raw vegan regardless of what the scale does or does not say so I am not going to pay any attention to the stupid thing at all. In the past I have been too scale obsessed and have used it as an excuse to eat poorly. It can go either way too. "Oh, I am doing so well so this little cheat won't hurt much" and "Oh I'm not losing weight anyways so I might as well eat whatever I want." I am not going to do that anymore. The scale no longer matters. I am going to eat raw vegan this year because that is what I am eating regardless of anything else. Anything else is not food to me. I started back up on the first of the year and have been donig great ever since. I think there is great freedom in not obsessing over the scale. I know that I will lose weight and feel wonderful as long as I stick to raw vegan because I have done it in the past. And by not weighing myself I will spare myself so much unnecessary turmoil and drama. I am very happy about this.
Big Helper is along for the ride on this journey for me. She does not need to lose weight at all, she is just perfect the way that she is. But she loves my raw food and wants to do it with me. She is also hoping to clear up the acne on her face as well. We have decided to make 2 raw food meals a week and the rest of the time stick withour salads and smoothies for supper. I am fine with just salads most of the time but I want to make sure that she is happy to and is not getting bored. So if we make two raw meals a week that will give us those tow nights plus leftovers for lunch or something the next day. This week we are making spagetti with spinach cream sauce and lasanga. And of course we will still make our Kale chips ect. In a few minutes we are going to make some BBQ Squares that we found a recipe for on The Sunny Raw Kitchen which can be seen here: http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/01/recipe-of-week-bbq-strips.html
I am not going to use the walnuts as A. I have never liked walnuts in savory foods and B. I don't have any :) I'll just use all cashews. But I am excited about making this because it is totally different from what we normally make and eat and it sounds super yummy. Will post on how it turns out :)
Thats all for now :)
Friday, January 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there :-) I didn't know you had another baby! How exciting! Remember that interview we did on natural birth? I would *love* to interview you again. If you're interested, send me an e-mail at joannaleyla at gmail. XOXOXOXO Joanna.
ReplyDelete