I love to read blogs. Love to read about peoples journey and hear amazing results and triumphs. I have been searching for raw foodie blogs for the last two days and I am hard pressed to find any. Most of them have been abandoned. And many, many of the raw "experts" who rose to 'fame' quickly and began making a buck from raw foods have turned their backs on eating raw foods and even vegan foods and are now eating meat again. But they are still promoting raw foods and keeping up their raw websites. I am confused and I am sure that any newcomer would be very confused as well. It just doesn't make any sense. It is very weird. I feel like I am in the twilight zone here. Just bizarre. I am glad that my health and my path are not determined by some 'expert'. And I never bought in to all of the supplementation jargon either. Pure raw, simple raw. That is all I need. It does not have to be complicated. For now this is what is working for me. As I go on I may feel the need for a supplement or two due to the fact that our planet has been stripped of many of the vital nutrients that used to be there. But most of these 'special foods' are pure money making schemes, purely for profit and are really not necessary. At least in my way of thinking.
Gee, I didn't mean for this post to come across as so negative. I am sorry for that. Things have been going really well for me here. I am happy to be able to enjoy salads. I love my salads! And one of my favorite foods to eat (drink) is a banana cashew butter smoothie. Very filling and satisfying. I plan on weighing myself on April 1st and then leaving it alone until May 1st. The once a month schedule works very well for me when I am in losing mode. Perhaps once I get to goal I will weigh in more often just to be certain to stay on track, but while I am losing once a month is good enough to not make me crazy and become too scale obsessed!
Hubby bought me two cases of oranges. They are so sweet and I am very happy. I may even make some orange juice later on. That sounds really good! Not much else to report. :)
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi I just stumbled across your blog through another blog...lol!!!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to say HI and cybermeet you!! hahaha I am a stay at home too and I homeschool my 2 kids!! I love raw vegan foods but am not 100% nor is my family but we do incorporate as much as possible!!! Anyways, I love meeting other moms who are like minded!!! :)