So tonight I was able to get out and go for a walk. I was spurred on by The Carnivore. He really wanted to go for a walk with me and he sort of guilted me into it. Really if it hadn't been for him I would not have gone. So after supper off I went with The Carnivore, My Big Helper and Little Angel strapped in my Mobi. Away we went down the road. We live on a country road, not a lot of houses or cars. About half a mile down the road a truck was coming towards us on our side of the road so I made sure everyone was in line behind me close to the grass and off the road as much as possible. The truck pulled over closer to the edge of the road and started slowing down. Then it stopped, a bit in front of where we were standing but pulled over so far that we could not go by him. I was wondering, what is this person doing? Then a man sticks his head out of the truck and asks us if we need a ride. I called back "No, we are walking on purpose." He looked a bit confused then got out of the truck and started walking towards us. Now all of my warning bells are going off. I am on a back country road, no houses in sight, with three of my children and some guy has pulled his truck over and is walking towards us. I've seen the scary movies and read the stories. I backed up a bit and took a protective stance in front of my children as he walked towards us. I think he felt my discomfort because he stopped walking and asked me again if we needed a ride or any help.
"No" I replied, "we are walking on purpose, you know, going for a walk."
"Really?" he said. "But it's so hot. I thought that you were in trouble"
"No, we're fine, just going for a walk."
"Wow! I've just never seen anyone do that sort of thing."
Ok, at this point I had to laugh. Really? You've never seen anyone out for a walk before? Really?Once I got over my fear of a strange man pulling over and coming towards me and my children the whole thing was incredibly humorous! Now, to give the man some credit we were not dressed like "normal" walkers. I had on my long flowy skirt with a T-shirt and a baby strapped onto me. The Carnivore was wearing jean shorts and a T-shirt and my Big Helper also had on a long skirt and a T-shirt. And it was quite chivalrous of him to pull over and offer us assistance. But it was funny and we had a good chuckle over it for pretty much the entire rest of the walk.
Today's food:
lots of grapes
lots of cherries
a delicious banana "shake" (This was just bananas, it was crazy good!)
some tomatoes
a banana
I have not eaten enough. I am actually quite hungry right now too so I am going to either eat some more grapes or make another banana shake. Or maybe both :)
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, I would have freaked too! That's a bit scary and hilarious all at the same time.
ReplyDelete