Thursday, July 29, 2010

Long Time No Post - Mid Year Resolutions

I know, I know. It's been awhile. I'm sorry. I would like to tell you that it is just life getting in the way and that I have just been too busy to post, but that is not the case. I was hiding. You see, the name of this blog is adventures of a raw mama and I have not been very raw lately. Ok, not at all. So what is the use of posting, right? But I can see that my logic was flawed. Perhaps posting may have helped me to pick myself up by my bootstraps and get back on track again sooner? Who knows. Certainly not me. But here I am. I have made a few resolutions.

#1 I resolve to kill the scale. I see now that the scale became a major stumbling block for me and derailed my raw food efforts. It discouraged and demoralized me. I can not take that kind of pressure. So I will not be weighing myself. At least not on a regular basis. Maybe in several months? The first of the year? I don't know. But not weekly, not even monthly. I want my focus to be on eating right and exercising. Not on a stupid little number on the scale that no one even knows except me. I am not a number!

#2 I resolve to eat 80/10/10 a low fat raw vegan diet. I really believe that this is the best way to eat raw. Plus I love food. I love to eat. What better way to eat then this?

#3 I resolve to exercise 5-6 times a week. Period. If Little Angel won't sleep or be content then I will strap her onto me in the Mobi and take her with me on a walk outside. If she is sleeping and happy I'll do the elliptical.

#4 I resolve to find a 5K event, train for it and complete it before Christmas.

#5 I resolve to find a 10K event, train for it and complete it before Christmas.

#6 I resolve to post every day. Yes, every day to keep me accountable. I will post what I eat and the exercise that I did during the day each evening. I'll also throw in a few tidbits about my life. Gotta keep it interesting :)

That's all.

4 comments:

  1. Gald you are back!
    I look forward to reading about you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!!! You will hold to your resolve, I know you will. It's hard with young kids etc, but you truly do love the lifestyle you have chosen. You are SO passionate about eating raw, and I like that about you.

    The 5K - you will do it!!!! Honestly, I could not walk down the street 10 months ago and now, running 5K actually seems easy. I can't wait to follow your running progress!

    Welcome back again!!! You've been missed beautiful, raw Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see a new post! Like I told ya, I was checking daily! :) I missed you. I noticed you didn't mention a resolution regarding food... Are you planning to go back to raw? If so, are you doing it gradually? I would love to hear your plan. I know you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, went back and saw the 80/10/10 resolution, which i DID see before. I'm a goof.

    ReplyDelete